- Seam carving is a clever algorithm for image resizing.
- Learn more about seam carving by watching this video on image resizing.
- This assignment for implementing a seam carver has three main parts:
- Energy Calculation. Given an image, calculate the energy matrix: A 2D array representing the "importance" or "energy" of each pixel.
- Seam Identification. Given an energy matrix, find the lowest energy contiguous path (seam) from top to bottom.
- Seam Removal. Given an image and a seam, generate a new image without the pixels in that seam.
- For a detailed explanation of this assignment, visit Stanford’s nifty assignment page.