Have students create a digital story in Scratch about an interesting scientific phenomenon as a final project to teach them both computer programming and science literacy.
- Students stay more engaged with these types of projects because they get to come up with their own topic and express their creativity.
- Example projects include:
- Replicating experiments they did in class, such as making ice cream in a bag.
- Modeling how a volcano explodes.
- Projects such as this ensure that students are developing their science literacy while learning new CS concepts.