- Routes in Rails are ways to handle requests that come to the Rails program from a URL (URL requests).
- This is a topic that a lot of people struggle with.
- Get, Post, Put/Patch, and Delete are HTTP methods, sometimes referred to as HTTP verbs in REST (Representational State Transfer).
- Get is used for retrieving content.
- Post is used for creating new content.
- Put/Patch is used for updating content.
- Delete is used for deleting content.
- For more information on how routing works and what exactly these HTTP verbs do check out The Odin Project’s Explanation of Routing in Ruby.
- To learn more about REST, check out IBM’s documentation Understanding Representational State Transfer (REST) in Ruby.