- It’s important that your students get a chance to practice all the skills necessary for successfully completing Performance Tasks on the AP Computer Science Principles (CSP) exam.
- As such, having students develop an infographic using an online dataset and Excel as practice gives them experience creating visual artifact.
- First, students find a dataset.
- Next, students must create charts in Excel that communicate important information from the dataset.
- Provide clear examples of successful infographics and charts so that students understand what is expected of them.
- The visual artifact must be a visualization, graphic, or movie, so an infographic is only one option of many students can choose from.
- Then, have students embed these visuals into a PowerPoint file.
- Lastly, have students work on arranging this data in a meaningful and visually compelling way.